Monday, March 9, 2009

The Way of Love. Week of 3/9/09

(1) If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. (2) And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,(B) so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. (3) If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (ESV)

Today during praise at church the song If I Have Not Love by Matt Redman sort of took me by surprise and hit me pretty hard. Based on the passage above in Corinthians, the song reminded me how crucial love is in all things. It sounds simple, but lately I have been so weary and stressed doing Gods work in the various ministries I am involved in. This song reminded me just how meaningless our words and actions are if they are without love. I had forgotten that it is when I do and speak out of an overflow of love for God that I also find joy and fulfillment in my serving.

If I Have Not Love - Matt Redman - Facedown


Receive - Calvin Nowell


How Can I Keep From Singing - Chris Tomlin - See The Morning


Fall - Hillsong United - King Of Majesty

No comments: