Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let's talk about hope. Week of 1/26/2009

I was wondering what songs we should do for this week and I had a tough time seeing where God was leading my heart so I thought back to some of the songs we did last semester. I thought particularly about God of the City, especially after hearing it live at the concert last week. I thought back to the hope with which we sang it at the first large group and all the promises that God has fulfilled since then: several outreach events including feeding 500 at thanksgiving, people committing to serve in various ministries, building up of community, and people hearing the gospel to name a few. I am reminded again of the hope that we carry, not in our own abilities, but in God's grace for a broken people. So with this set, it is my hope that we can all be strengthened by the hope of remembering what is to come. The kingdom of God is coming and will bring restoration, peace, joy, and other such wonderful nouns. Isn't that worth our hope?

Hosanna - Hillsong Live - Saviour King


Sing to the King - Candi Pearson Shelton - Best of Passion CD2


God Of This City - Chris Tomlin - Hello Love


You Said - Shane and Shane - Psalms

No comments: