Thursday, February 26, 2009

Discipleship Week of 2/23/09

This weeks large group focuses on the cost of discipleship, particularly in Luke 14 when Jesus speaks about it.

"Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple."
- Luke 14:27.

This is a verse we probably all hear many times but meditating on this chapter for the last week has been particularly humbling for me. I think of all the areas in my life which I still cling to and realize just how imperfect I am. Because of this I am reminded of my need for Christ and the power of the Gospel to effect change in my life.

The Power of Your Name - Lincoln Brewster - Today is the Day


We Fall Down - Chris Tomlin/Passion Band - Best of Passion (Disc 1)


Ready Now - Desperation Band - Who You Are


No Sacrifice - Jason Upton

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple."
- Luke 14:27.



yes thir. *pluckys voice*